Professional UAV Pilot Compliant Operator Training
The Professional UAV Pilot Compliant Operator Training program is a (32 hour) course that is designed to take students without any aviation experience and give them the tools they need to become a compliant operator in accordance with the Transport Canada Special Flight Operating Certificate application process. This course strictly adheres to the Transport Canada TP 15263-Knowledge Requirements for Unmanned Air Vehicle Systems (UAV) 25 kg or less and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) UAV Best Practices Document. In addition, this course also includes:
- Hands-on Flight Training using MIR Aviation’s Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Standard.
- Training for the application process for a Special Flight Operating Certificate (SFOC) including templates and application examples. Students graduating from this course typically receive their approved SFOC within two weeks after submitting their application.
- UAV Safety Management Systems (SMS) Training.
- Training, examination and issue of the Restricted Radio Operator Certificate with Aeronautical Qualification.
- UAV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) development for operating unmanned aircraft in adverse and challenging environments.
This course is tailored for the person who wishes to enter the Unmanned Aircraft sector as a profession. The course is designed to give the prospective UAV owner/operator the Transport Canada Compliant Operator knowledge requirements, Flight Training and the essential skills needed to safely operate an unmanned aircraft in restricted airspace and in and around high-risk environments. MIR Aviation’s course stands apart from other Training programs in that it includes obtaining your required Radio Operator’s certificate and sufficient knowledge and skills to obtain required SFOC’s.
After the successful completion of the course students will be issued a certificate which can be presented to Transport Canada for verification of training in accordance with Transport Canada Document TP 15263.
Prerequisites for Enrollment:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
$1250.00 + GST, Included in the cost of the course is: MIR Aviation Professional UAV Textbook, SFOC Application Material, Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual, Calgary VTA Aeronautical Map and the NAV Canada Flight Manual Supplement. A $500.00 deposit is required for registration.
You must go to: www.miraviation.com to register and pay deposit.
MIR Aviation Recreational UAV Pilot Training
The Recreational UAV training is tailored to the hobbyist who wishes to fly their UAV for fun. This course includes 2 hours of ground training and approximately 4 hours of hands on flight training using MIR Aviation’s Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Standard. The ground school covers where, when and how to fly your UAV safely. Best Practice handouts and a Calgary VTA Aeronautical map are included in the cost of the course. Training dates are flexible and based on the student’s time schedule. Minimum of 3 students per session.
$295.00You must go to: www.miraviation.com to register and pay deposit.